He/she will be in charge of logistics, administrative and financial duties of the FMx REDISSE project in Nigeria, in support of the Regional REDISSE Project Manager of Nigeria and in close collaboration with our national partners and the NGO CCISD
Established in 1967, the Fondation Mérieux is an independent family foundation, chaired by Alain Mérieux, and has public interest status. Its mission is to strengthen local capacities to fight the infectious diseases that affect vulnerable populations in developing countries, particularly mothers and children.
Present in 20 countries across West Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East, the Mérieux Foundation focuses on 4 objectives:
- Increasing vulnerable populations’ access to diagnostics by strengthening clinical laboratories in national healthcare systems
- Enhancing local applied research capabilities by training researchers, developing collaborative programs and creating Rodolphe Mérieux Laboratories, transferred to local partners
- Encouraging knowledge-sharing and public health initiatives leveraging Les Pensières Center for Global Health
- Improving conditions for mothers and children taking a global health approach.
Fondation Mérieux’s mission in Nigeria as an implementing partner for West African Health Organization (WAHO) is to strengthen laboratory practices and services of 20 LGA in Edo and Plateau states in setting up 20 Centers for Epidemiological Surveillance in collaboration with NCDC, the Federal MOH and the LGA Health authorities. The core activities during Foundation Mérieux mandate are: i) Introduction Mission to Health Authorities in Nigeria, ii) Assessment of the laboratories in the 20 selected LGAs, iii) Training of laboratory personnel in Nigeria and abroad, iv) Supervision and mentorship of laboratory personnel in the 20 LGA laboratories, iv) Restitution meeting with Nigeria Health authorities involved in the project.
Finances and accounting tasks
The post holder will:
- follow the budget and procedures in all financial operations of the project
- ensure general accounting of the project, bookkeeping, align banking rules, carry out monthly reconciliations, recording transaction in the accounting system and good ranking of the credentials
- be in charge of the financial reporting of the project
- work in close collaboration with the Project Manager, Head of Project and the financial and administrative unit at the regional office in Dakar and headquarter in France
- follow the national fiscal and social legislations, and he/she will interact regularly with the related agencies.
Administration, logistic general services
The post holder will:
- participate in the logistic organization of the project activities (training mission, events, travel, visa, accommodation, cash advance, etc.)
- manage all procurement processes following Foundation Mérieux procedures
- follow tendering procedures for equipment, supplies and works contracts following contract procedures
- hold all inventories, compile and archive the project documentation.
- Candidates must have a minimum of B.Sc Degree in Accounting, business administration, banking and finance or any other related course
- CPA (II), ACCA (II), ICAN or equivalent will be an added advantage
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Computer knowledge and accounting software is mandatory
Experience in the position
- Minimum of 3 years’ prior experience in related duties and familiarity with administrative and financial processes in Nigeria
Required job skills
- Good writing
- Developing procedures
- Pack Office software
- Accounting system
Abilities & aptitudes
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative work
- Organizational skills
- French will be nice to have
- Interest in development aid projects
Type of contract
At the beginning this position will be a full-time position and a short-term contract for 12 months.
Please note that all candidates must submit their resume together with cover letter by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com
The deadline for submission is February 10, 2021