Mérieux Foundation event
2nd Antimicrobial Course: a One Health Challenge
November 1 - 5, 2021 - Les Pensières Center for Global Health, Veyrier-du-Lac (France)
After the success of its inaugural edition in 2019, the second edition of the AMR Course will take place from 8:30am on Monday, November 1 to 4:00pm on Friday, November 5, 2021 at the Les Pensières Center for Global Health.
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a growing global public health menace that threatens the prevention and treatment of bacterial diseases. The AMR-Global Action Plan (GAP) by WHO (World Health Organization) and One Health global strategy consider fostering awareness and understanding on antimicrobial resistance to be a priority and essential for the adoption, deployment and implementation of country AMR-National Action Plans (AMR-NAPs).
To support this critical effort, the Mérieux Foundation and the Université de Paris have joined their expertise and capacities to support the AMR-GAP by designing a course to address concretely -from plan to action- the five objectives of the AMR-WHO-GAP. Together, the Mérieux Foundation and Université de Paris propose a residential intensive training course on AMR in a One Health perspective, principally targeting audiences from low- and middle-income countries.
The course advocates for the value of the One Health approach to fight against AMR, and builds capacity for critical decision-making in the developing world through education, partnerships and networks.
The program is based on the five WHO-AMR-GAP objectives (one objective per day):
- Day 1: The role of antibiotics and current challenges: improving awareness and understanding of antimicrobial resistance
- Day 2: Strengthening knowledge and evidence through monitoring & surveillance
- Day 3: Interventions to tackle AMR
- Day 4: Optimizing the use of antimicrobial medicines in human and animal health
- Day 5: Policy-regulation-governance and the economic case for global sustainable investment to tackle AMR
- 40 participants
- 35 renowned speakers
- 5 interactive sessions
- 5 days of intense training
- 5 days of networking
- 1 diploma