Mérieux Foundation event
4th Antimicrobial Resistance course (AMR): a One Health challenge
November 6 - 10, 2023 - Les Pensières Center for Global Health, Veyrier-du-Lac (France)
After the success of its inaugural edition in 2019, the 2nd and 3rd editions in 2021 and 2022, the 4th edition of the AMR Course will take place from 8:30am on Monday, November 6 to 5:00pm on Friday, November 10, 2023 at the Les Pensières Center for Global Health.
Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is a growing global public health menace that threatens the prevention and treatment of bacterial diseases. The AMR-Global Action Plan (GAP) by WHO (World Health Organization) and One Health global strategy consider fostering awareness and understanding on antimicrobial resistance to be a priority and essential for the adoption, deployment and implementation of country AMR-National Action Plans (AMR-NAPs).
To support this critical effort, the Mérieux Foundation and the Université de Paris Cité have joined their expertise and capacities to support the AMR-GAP by designing a course to address concretely -from plan to action- the five objectives of the AMR-WHO-GAP. Together, the Mérieux Foundation and Université de Paris Cité propose a residential intensive training course on AMR in a One Health perspective, principally targeting audiences from low- and middle-income countries.
The course advocates for the value of the One Health approach to fight against AMR, and builds capacity for critical decision-making in the developing world through education, partnerships and networks.
The program is based on the five WHO-AMR-GAP objectives (one objective per day):
- Day 1: The role of antibiotics and current challenges: improving awareness and understanding of antimicrobial resistance
- Day 2: Strengthening knowledge and evidence through monitoring & surveillance
- Day 3: Interventions to tackle AMR.
- Day 4: Optimizing the use of antimicrobial medicines in human and animal health
- Day 5: Policy-regulation-governance and the economic case for global sustainable investment to tackle AMR
40 participants – 35 renowned speakers – 5 interactive sessions – 5 days of intense training – 5 days of networking – 1 diploma
Who should apply?
Health professionals, scientists, and decision makers in the design and/or implementation of one health approaches and/or in NAP (National Action Plans) to combat AMR.
- Educational background / professional experience.
- Involvement in AMR / One health decision making responsibilities.
- Expected impact of the course at personal, institutional and national levels (max one participant per institution).
Learn more about the 3rd AMR course 2022
Should you have any questions, please contact Valentina Picot, Course Manager, at: email@example.com
Your data will be processed by Mérieux Foundation to reply your request. For more information, including your rights, please read our Personal data & cookies policy.