Mérieux Foundation co-organized event
ACDx Webinar focused on the critical role of diagnostics in the COVID-19 pandemic – 4 regional perspectives
September 15, 2020 - Webinar 3:00pm to 5:00pm (CET)
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the major role of diagnostics in the patient’s management. Around the globe, the regions and countries have put in place different diagnostics strategies and policies to tackle this COVID-19 sanitary crisis.
The Mérieux Foundation and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) jointly organized a 2 hour webinar on September 15 at 3pm (CET) on the critical role of diagnostics in the COVID-19 crisis management to share best practices & lessons learnt from experiences around the world.
Speakers coming from 4 world regions (Asia, Africa, Europe, and Latin America) presented an overview on how the COVID-19 pandemic has been managed in their region regarding the access to diagnostics and patient care and they also provided specific information regarding the situation of one country from each of the 4 regions mentioned above. Presentations were illustrated with examples of success stories reported during the crisis management and future perspectives.
This online open event was moderated by Prof. Rosanna Peeling from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).
- Prof. Eeva BROBERG, Principal Expert Microbiology, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, Stockholm
- Prof. Nirmal Kumar GANGULY, Indian Council of Medical Research, India
- Prof. Patricia GARCIA, Peruvian University Cayetano Heredia, Peru
- Carlos Eduardo GOUVEA, Brazilian Chamber of Diagnostic Laboratory, Brazil
- Dr. Bas Oude MUNNINK, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Dr. John NKENGASONG, Africa CDC, Ethiopia
- Dr. Amadou SALL, Institut Pasteur of Dakar, Senegal
- Dr. Edsel SALVANA, Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Philippines