The objective of this session was to put in place the Board of Directors and to present the main achievements made in 2011 by the Charles Mérieux Centre of Infectiology in Mali.
Professor Ogobara Doumbo was unanimously voted President of the Board for a term of three years. He will be joined by a Vice President, Mr Ibrahima Coulibaly, Technical Advisor to the Minister of Health.
The following recommendations were taken from the work of the directors:
- Creation of a strategic reference document for the next 3 to 5 years;
- The need to recruit a Scientific Director;
- Implementation of a policy for publications and measurement of the impact of activities related to the Millenium Development Objectives;
- Implementation of a principle of shared responsibility among members of the Board of Directors and the Director General of the Centre, and ongoing communication via electronic means;
- Opening of a debate on the evolution of the legal status of the Charles Mérieux Centre of Infectiology to find the best formula for independence and shared governance.