8 – 12 November 2010, Les Pensières Centre, Annecy (France)
Application deadline: 30 September 2010
Aims of the course
The course aims to advocate the value of diagnostics and to build capacity in critical decision making in diagnostics by providing scientists and decision makers with a comprehensive overview of the global landscape of diagnostics research and development, and appropriate use of quality-assured diagnostic tools to improve global health. The course focuses on the diagnostics of infectious diseases.
At the end of the course, participants should:
- Have an understanding of the value of diagnostics in patient management and disease control, and the importance of building capacity in diagnostics to improve global health;
- Gain knowledge in how diagnostic tools are used in the laboratory and in disease control, elimination and for emergency responses;
- Have an overview of the process of diagnostic research and development and new trends in target discovery, technology and diagnostic product development;
- Have ideas on how to build quality assurance programmes to maximise the impact of diagnostics in their own programmes, or nationally and internationally;
- Have opportunities to forge partnerships in capacity building, product development or introduction and implementation to improve the quality of diagnostics used at national and international levels.
E-mail: Send an e-mail