After the success of the training in Mali, Fondation Mérieux and ESTBB chose to introduce the programme in Haiti. The launch of the first BAMS Haiti session took place on 26 September at Port-au-Prince’s National Public Health Laboratory, in presence of:
- The Director of Training and Development for the Department of Public Health and Population, Dr D. Augustin;
- The Director of the National Laboratory for Public Health (LNSP), Dr J. Boncy, and the manager of BAMS Haiti, Dr E. Lafosse;
- The heads of different sections of the LNSP laboratory;
- Representatives from various institutions;
- The Director of ESTBB / Dean of the Faculty of Sciences at Lyon’s Catholic University, I. Hardy as well as C. Chevalier, Educational Director of BAMS Haiti.
The training, led by French and Haitian teachers, runs from September 2011 to April 2012 and brings together 18 laboratory technicians.