Held at the Mérieux Foundation’s Les Pensières Center for Global Health, these courses are delivered by international experts renowned amongst their peers for the excellence of their work, engagement, and teaching skills.
Advanced Course of Vaccinology (ADVAC)
The ADVAC course has been running since 1999, organized by the Mérieux Foundation in partnership with the University of Geneva. It provides an overview of the issues facing vaccination, to facilitate local, national, and international decision-making. In addition to vaccines themselves, ADVAC covers the full range of factors that affect vaccination programs: the political, economic, and cultural dynamics.
- 75 participants each year: decision-makers and scientists
- Two weeks of training and discussion
- A dynamic alumni network: over 1,200 people worldwide
The program enjoys the support of a wide range of partners:
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
- European & Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership (EDCTP)
- European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases (ESPID)
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH/NIAID-USA)
- Fogarty International Center
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Learn more about the 21st Advanced Course of Vaccinology (ADVAC)
Advanced Course on Diagnostics (ACDx)
ACDx is led by Prof. Rosanna Peeling, Professor at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and Dr. François-Xavier Babin at the Mérieux Foundation. The Steering Committee is composed of representatives of the following organizations: Institut Pasteur, UNICEF, WHO, The Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases (TDR), the US Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Africa CDC, Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI), LSHTM, Covance and Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics (FIND).
Lecturers also include thought leaders and policy-makers from international research centers and organizations such as African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM), Diagnostic Microbiology Development Program (DMDP) and Swiss Tropical Institute.
Launched in 2009, ACDx enhances the knowledge and professional network of policy-makers and scientists. The week-long intensive course provides them with an overview of the latest advances in the field of diagnostics.
- 40 participants per course: policy-makers and scientists
- One week of training and sharing best practices
Learn more about ACDx and register
AMR course Anti-Microbial Resistance Course (AMR) – a One health challenge
The course was first launched in 2019 and aims to foster awareness and knowledge on antimicrobial resistance to target audience that can sustain knowledge continuity and impact achieved through formal AMR training in alignment with the objectives of the WHO, Global Action Plan on Antimicrobial resistance and associated NAPs.
- 40 participants per course
- 1 week of training